Sunday 7 September 2014

Thanx for an amazing lunch!

Yesterday I was invited to a lunch with a fabulous group of people who have either had gastric bypass or they are waiting surgery.  What an awesome group of people.  I got lost on the drive there so I arrived a bit late and didn't meet everyone but the folks I sat with were awesome. 

The conversation did not stop.  Lunch started at 12:30pm and I didn't leave until after 4pm.  Thank you to my new friend Karen for the invitation and for making me feel so welcome.  I am looking forward to the next time we meet.   It's nice to share and hear stories from others that have gone through the same things you have.

Going yesterday really reiterated what I felt in my journey, it's so much easier when you go through the journey with support.  Having a buddy or group to be there for you is just as important as the journey itself.  It's comforting when you have a good strong support system and that's how I felt about the group yesterday.

I was blessed to have a large group of people on my side.  It's also one of the reasons I wrote "It's My Time" so that I could hopefully help and support others.

Whatever you need help with, tap into your support system.  It truly makes your journey so much easier and you don't have to do it alone.

Cheers.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment